The Sheriff's Office never calls or emails you to notify you of a warrant or ask for money. If in doubt, always call to verify before you provide information over the phone or through email.

For Emergencies Dial 911

Main: (918) 542-2806

28 B St SE
Miami, Ok 74354

Animal Cruelty Division

mistreated dog in a fence

The animal control position for the Ottawa County Sheriff's Office is a sworn position held by a deputy who is a part-time certified law enforcement officer. The deputy answers complaints from citizens who want to file a report regarding animal-related crimes.

This division enforces the laws of the county and state. Items that are investigated are: animal bites; dangerous dogs; neglected, abused, diseased, and injured dogs. Horse complaints are also common. If horses (or other animals) are confined without proper food and water, that is a violation of state law which is punishable by fines and/or incarceration.

To report animal cruelty in Ottawa County please call (918) 542-2806.

Anyone who does not live in the county (lives in a municipality) will need to call their local police department for assistance regarding animals.

The Ottawa County Sheriff's Office responds to calls within Ottawa County but outside municipal limits.